Thursday, December 25, 2014

It's CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas! This morning I was so excited. I opened my eyes and kind of screamed "IT'S CHRISTMAS!" really loudly, (also really early!) but it got everyone up. :)

We first opened our big presents, suggested by our owner, then proceeded to open the smaller ones. The big gifts all contained clothes, which we all changed into before opening our others.


We opened our gifts in the order youngest to oldest, which meant I got to go first--yay! Kit grumbled that it wasn't fair. 


I unwrapped the 2 gifts eagerly…


…and found envelopes and stationary! 


Bella went next--she's only a few months older than me.


"EEEE! A design pad!" she squealed in delight.


Caroline unwrapped her present, which took an awful long time, because she wanted to save the paper. 
"Just rip it off!" Kit sighed in exasperation. 


"A camera?" she breathed. "Whoa--this is just what I wanted!"


Lottie then tore the wrapping off her enormous gift,


which surprisingly held a lap desk. "Cool, now I can read, write, and do homework from the comfort of my bed!"


Lanie then opened her oddly shaped gift.


"Wow, 5 pots, 5 garden labels, a pack of wildflower seeds, and an herbarium!" she looked over her things with delight. 


Then Kit, who had been waiting mostly-but-not-exactly-that-much patiently to open, unwrapped her gift. 


"Awesome! I got 2 purple journals!" she smiled. 


Kit also had another gift. It was an envelope, and she held her breath as she slid out the card...


"I knew it!" she clapped happily. It was the pass to leave to go to Utah for a skiing trip on New Year's Eve. We plan one every year, and on Christmas whoever gets the envelope gets to go. 


There was one more present under the tree, addressed to all of us.


It contained a 2015 calendar and a giant "design by me" coloring book. 

Here are some bonus photos of us in our new outfits (going oldest to youngest, as Kit requested):


Kit got a red holiday dress, 


Lanie received an Olaf shirt and a peppermint skirt,


Lottie got a "Let It Go" shirt, a blue skirt with snowflakes on it, and a Santa Claus hat,


Caroline got a beautiful Anna (from Frozen) dress, 


Bella wore a holiday dress,


and I got some super soft PJs. 


Happy Holidays! Love,
May


No comments:

Post a Comment